Yesterday, whilst painting 125 15mm WW2 US infantry on a production line, I broke up the tedium by having a crack at repainting these mechs.
I wanted to go for quite a bold paint job, as I've got a lot of grey or green or grey and green stuff, and I wanted these to really stand out on the battlefield.
They'd already been base coated with GW Skull White, so i gave them a coat of GW foundation paints Iyanden Darksun, with a khermi brown disruptive camo pattern. I then edged the camo patterns in black. The engines were painted with Codex grey and then dry brushed with Chainmail and then boltgun. Weapons were codex grey with Chainmail accents. The missile pods, eyes and sensors were Gore red over a Mechrite red base. The whole thing then got a Griffon Sepia wash, with Badab Black on the guns and engines.
I based them using a mixture of Windsor and Newton Medium texture medium (the medium medium - heh) and W&N Dark Sienna acrylic paint. Over this I added flock, cork boulders and a few tufts of Silfor static grass clumps.
My lightbox is still out of commission and these were done in direct dayligh, so apologies for the shadows.
I also posted a picture of my Protolene battlesuit ages ago and lamented that my protolene space pirates were all brightly coloured. I've added a splash of colour to the mech with some red detailing, as you can see here:
Nothing fancy, really, Mechrite red with Red gore on top. Jazzes him up quite nicely, I think.